Our statement of faith, rather than a test of Christian fellowship or an exhaustive treatise on biblical theology, is a summary of Bible truths we believe in.
While not everyone whose stories and content we feature here will agree with each aspect of the summary, we do ask that anyone officially associated with RRĀV be able to affirm each point:
We Believe: To be a Christian (a disciple of Jesus) is to seek to know and to do the will of God in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit, no matter what the Lord Jesus may require (Matthew 16:24, 28:19-20).
We Believe: To come into a right relationship with God in Christ one must:
- Hear and believe the Gospel (John 5:24; Rom. 10:13-14)
- Believe that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of God (John 10:31), and raised to life by God from the dead (Matt. 12:39-40; Rom. 10:9)
- Repent of sin (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38)
- Confess Jesus as Lord (Matt. 7:21; Rom. 10:9)
- Be baptized (immersed) (Matt. 3:15; Acts 2:38)
We Believe: The Scripture is God-breathed, the final authority in matters of faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
We Believe: All followers of Jesus should seek unity as Christ prayed for it, a unity only attainable when we come together around his life and teachings in love (John 17:20-23).
We Believe: Christians should remain separate from the politics of the kingdoms of the world and carnal warfare (John 18:36; Matthew 5:44).
We Believe: A Christian man’s head is to be uncovered when praying and prophesying and that a Christian woman’s head is to be covered when praying and prophesying (1 Cor. 11:2-16)